Great pattern and easy to set out
The first one I made I rushed and failed miserably, but the second one I actually took my time and did a much better job. I made the tennis skirt version and shortened it a bit. I’m obsessed!
Learn how to make your own tennis skirts with a zipper back!
Now with bonus instructions on how to alter the length as well as turn it into a knife pleat skirt!
This pattern is simple to follow and only requires basic-intermediate sewing skills! Blue skirt is an example of the tennis skirt style and the yellow plaid is an example of the knife pleat style.
Pattern is a printable pdf only. No physical pattern will be shipped to you.
Video instructions: https://youtu.be/VU1jUTeS9OY
Bonus video instructions: https://youtu.be/7GjNUpndqCw
*Does not include written instructions*
- Layered PDFs so you can print off only the sizes you need. Adobe Reader is required to view layered PDFs, most other PDF readers can't view layers. Download Adobe Reader for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Detailed video instructions in English on how to make tennis skirts out of non-stretch fabric with a zipper closure in the back.
- List of materials and recommendation of fabrics in metres/cm and yards/inches.
- Black and white printer friendly pages.
- pages required for printing listed for each size to save time and resources
- Easy tiling with straight forward cutting lines
- any updates for this pattern will automatically be emailed to you
DETAILS OF THE PATTERN
- At least 2.75-4.5 metres/3-4.75 yards of light to medium weight, non-stretch fabric such as broadcloth, satin, linen, etc. Length of fabric required listed for each size.
- 18-23cm/7"-9" hidden zipper
- light to medium weight fusible interfacing (optional)
Sizes: average sizes UK2-26/US00-22
Skill level: Beginner-intermediate
Printable in A4 and US Letter Size
- all PDFs are final sale
- PDFs are limited to 7 downloads to prevent copyright breach and overworking the servers
- Items will NOT be sent through the post
- This listing is for a PDF file with patterns and instruction links on how to sew the above pieces
- You will need Adobe Reader to view the layered files ( if you don't have it, it can be downloaded for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- You will also need access to a sewing machine
- The fitting of the pattern will vary depending on your fabric selection and sewing skill level
- The photos are for reference purposes only
- PDFs can not be sold or reproduced, but you can sell the items you make from the pattern!
If you want extra sewing tips and project inspiration subscribe to my youtube channel and follow me on social media